Saltar Languages
Header with images from the village



Breadcrumb

Saltar Breadcrum
  1. Home
  2. Tourism
  3. Historic Centre
  4. One of the main gates, the Capdevila or Sant Miquel Gate
Anar a l'inici de la pàgina

One of the main gates, the Capdevila or Sant Miquel Gate

On the west side of the town, at the end of a street of the same name, this gate was used by travellers that came and went from the towns of Calaf, Castellfollit de Riubregós, Torà and Cervera. It had an arched gate, corbels and machicolations and was flanked by a square-shaped tower on the left. The first documented reference to this gate dates back to 1391. Its advocacy is remembered through the image of the Archangel who was venerated in the chapel built in the shape of a gallery, behind the gate. This gate was knocked down in the summer of 1936. However, the gate had already begun to fall into ruin two decades earlier with the opening of the industrial flourmill La Concepció, between 1911 and 1919.


Back to: Historic Centre

© Cardona Council.